I once heard a minister comment that God doesn’t expect perfection, but he does expect consistency. He wants you to try your best every day. I guess that leaves out sinning on Saturdays and repenting on Sundays, huh?
Consistency, like water wearing down mountains, can achieve measurable, even amazing results.
As I’ve gotten older, compliments have gotten fewer, but I still do receive compliments on my complexion. Granted, 80% of this success is the fact that I was born with good skin. However the other 20% has to do with consistency. Starting with my teen years, I have cleansed and moisturized my face twice each day — once in the morning, once in the evening. The products have varied from acne cleansers to rich moisturizers, but the ritual has remained consistent over the years.
So, the first week of my diet (which I documented a few posts ago under “determination”) has yielded a two-pound loss. Not much, but honestly, other than staying within my Weight Watchers points allotment, I didn’t work that hard at it.
However, my commitment is to work toward that steady two-pound weekly loss. I have 12 weeks before I have to go to a family wedding and at that rate, I’ll be 24 pounds lighter — which is at least one — maybe two — dress sizes smaller.
Two pounds isn’t much. I can easily gain that much just by watching a cooking show. However, it’s not the amount, it’s the consistency that makes the difference. That and the determination.
I hope your life is consistently good today. Thanks for checking in.