, , , , , ,

Well, as it turned out, Ms. Super-Organized, Type A Personality screwed up her calendar. The appointment with the shoulder doc was Tuesday morning, not Thursday morning. Good thing their office calls and leaves reminder messages.

It wasn’t a good appointment.

They X-rayed, they poked, they prodded, they manipulated, then they injected. The issue is I’m not getting my range of motion back. They’re sending me back to physical therapy. I go back to see them again in February and if things aren’t better, I suspect we’re looking at more surgery to relieve the scar tissue.

This morning it was my rheumatologist appoint. I really do like my rheumatologist, but she just changed practices so today it was fill out all the new-patient paperwork again. I got there early because I felt like I needed to get to the office (I took off yesterday after the shoulder surgeon adventure). I got toher office early, and normally she is right on time with her appointments, but after getting the paperwork filled out, I finally got to see her at 9:30 instead of my expected 8:30 appointment.

Anyone following this blog knows how thrilled I am with the immediate results of Simponi. However, it just doesn’t last for me. After the first week, things start going downhill. So the doc┬ádecided to change my medication again. She has now switched me to Enbrel. I wasn’t expecting this and haven’t done any research on the drug, so if any of you have any experience with it, please let me know. Since I was due for my Simponi shot today, they went ahead and gave me an injection while I was at the office. The injection site is very red and angry, but from what little research I’ve been able to find, that’s a common reaction and should clear up in a day or so.

So now I go from one a month to once a week. Since the Simponi only lasted for about a week, maybe this will work. I certainly hope so.

But now I have two, brand new, unopened Simponi injections that I don’t know what to do with. I go back for a nurse visit after four weeks of Enbrel. I think I’ll take them with me and maybe they can use them. That’s about $3600 worth of drugs that shouldn’t go to waste.

I get a day off tomorrow from doctor appointments, then Friday go back for some more work on the root canal situation, then next Tuesday I see my PCP for my regular six-month check up and more lab work.

Sheesh, what a week. I liked the week in London lots, lots, lots better.

Thanks for checking in.