, , ,

Yesterday was a long day, going to Seattle and back. Nine hours on the plane for four hours of meetings on the ground. I have to say it was worth it, though, because the alternative was to spend all the time in the air PLUS spend a night either coming and going. American Airlines did see the rationale in letting me have an upgrade for the flight back (I was 31st in line for an upgrade going up), so at least I got something to eat and a relatively comfortable seat. Still, it was close to 11:00 pm by the time I got home, after leaving the house at 6:30 that morning.

This weekend was a cool rainy one for Dallas. The NASCAR races got rained out, which, as it turns out was okay. My husband’s blood pressure and heart rate has been erratic lately (to the point that we almost went to the emergency room). So we just decided to take it easy over the weekend. Subsequent conversations with his cardiologist and our PCP indicate that upping his blood pressure meds a bit should calm things down. Things had pretty much gotten back to normal by the end of the weekend anyway, but it was a bit nerve-wracking in the meantime.

I saw my hip orthopedic surgeon for a check up Friday before I left. He also took a look at my knees for me. There has been a bit of narrowing in the knee joint, more so on the left than on the right, but nothing that looks like it needs intervention at this point. The replacement hip is doing great, but  the other “good” hip also some narrowing in the joint. So no major changes, but certainly something to keep an eye on.

I had a mini-flare on Saturday. I woke up with my knees screaming bloody murder, then realized that my other joints were complaining as well. It may have just been the rain that had moved in overnight, but it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that bad and achy all over.

I had my annual physical with my PCP today and he seems to be pretty puzzled about the rapid heart rate and the edema I’ve been experiencing. I showed him a picture of my swollen ankles at the end of the day (because they aren’t that bad first thing in the morning). He seems to think that the Evoxac that I take for my Sjrogrens might be having an effect, although I’ve been taking it over a year and this is relatively recent stuff. We’re waiting for the lab results to see if anything pops up. In the meantime, he has given me a scrip for a diuretic to be used “sparingly” when I “really” need it. So I don’t know what’s going on there and won’t for a few days.

It’s good to be back in town, even though it’s going to be a busy week.

Hope your week has good things in it. Thanks for checking in.