, ,

My rheumy appointment went well. I love my rheumy because she listens and takes into consideration what your feelings and goals are. We have decided to wait until my next appointment in three months to make any changes in my medication. She asked me if I wanted to and since I’ve generally had good results with Enbrel and no discernible side effects, I told her I was reluctant on the basis of one bad flare. So we did labs and will do them again before I see her. Depending on the results of those tests and how I do otherwise (lack of flares), we’ll look at any changes when I see her next. To me this is a very sensible approach.

We also decided not to do the steroid injection. It’s not as bad as the last time I saw her and since it had only been 90 days since the last injection, we’re going with a more conservative approach of stretches, ice, and ibuprofen. If it gets worse, I can go back and we’ll do the injection, which is a nice option to have if I need it.

So I guess that in this case, no news is good news.

I hope that whatever news pops into your life today is good. Thanks for checking in.