I want to thank RA Warrior for starting this for all us rheum-mates. You can follow the link and respond to her there, or chime in with your own here.
Here’s our easy-going rheum meme
What’s a meme? It’s just a set of questions that we each answer. Put your answers to the questions in the comment box below or post them in your own blog and leave a link to that here in a comment.
- What is one thing that defines who you are, regardless of RA? My dedication to being the best wife, friend, and employee that I can.
- What’s one food you know they must have in heaven? Neuhaus white chocolate truffles with strawberry filling.
- Name a song that takes you to a happy place? Enya’s “May It Be” if I need to mellow out. Bon Jovi’s “We Weren’t Born to Follow” if I need some uplifting.
- What’s your favorite city and why? London, England because it has all the vibrancy of New York (and is much more polite).
- Name 1 thing that you have learned by living with Rheumatoid disease? Life isn’t fair. But then I tend to learn that lesson a lot.
- What medication has helped you the most with RA symptoms? The least? I feel the best when I’m on some prednisone — regardless of what other medication I’m taking, but that’s not a solution. Simponi probably worked the best, but it would wear off quickly. I hate methotrexate. Refuse to take it. It makes me feel worse than RA (if that’s possible).
- What do you most wish health care professionals understood about RA? It’s a complicated disease that affects us as people — not just as patients. Our entire lives and those around us are impacted. And that not everything shows up in neat columns of test results.
- What is something about you that would probably surprise most people about you? The great unfulfilled desire of my life is that I always wanted to go to medical school.
- What is something about you that would probably surprise most people about your RA? That I have it, because I don’t have any visible indicators and most days I do pretty well.
- What is something that you want to be remembered for? Always trying to do things the right way.