The Global Healthy Living Foundation (www.ghlf.org) has sent a list of links below that can provide assistance to those needing medical assistance in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. In addition, this link (Take Action Now) will provide you with the phone numbers and talking points for the governors of Texas and Louisiana to ask them to request the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) activate its Emergency Prescription Assistance Program (EPAP). This program will ensure that eligible patients can receive their desperately needed prescriptions at no cost from participating pharmacies.
As a resident of Dallas, we were largely unaffected by the Hurricane, but we are now receiving thousands of evacuees as people are able to leave Houston for safer ground. These people need all the help we can give them.
Thanks for anything you can do.
Helpful links to share:
- Infusion Center Locator (https://locator.infusioncenter.org/) – Allows the display of infusion facilities as temporarily closed (live and up-to-date)
- Healthcare Ready’s RxOPEN page (https://www.healthcareready.org/rxopen) – Resource that displays operational capacity of retail pharmacies within impacted communities
- This group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HurricaneHarveymedicalsupplies/) was created by health advocates active in their health communities. They are taking donations & mobilizing volunteers to fill untapped needs for patients with chronic conditions
- Disaster Relief Resource Pages: (https://www.healthcareready.org/resources) & (https://infusioncenter.org/disaster-relief/)
- FDA resource pages on safe drug use after a natural disaster:(https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/ucm085200.htm )
- Please also see this resource that may help with future planning:https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/emergency-preparedness-tips-for-the-arthritis-community/